St. Mary’s was built about 1831-2 on the site of a much earlier church which had long since been demolished. The church stands in a lovely quiet setting at the edge of the village surrounded by farmland. The contruction is knapped flint with ashlar dressings and the tower is topped by a stone broach spire. The only stained glass window is the East window behind the Altar and consists of 3 lancets, Early English style. There are several stained glass heraldic shields in the west end wall. The font is a genuine 13th c. circular bowl standing of five shafts and is believed to have come from the original church.