The church is situated about one and a half miles from the centre of Canterbury on the Ashford road, originally built by the Normans in the early 12th c, it is thought to be on the site of an earlier Saxon church. On the path leading to the porch there is a huge yew tree, which may be at least 800 years old and is 22feet in circumference.
The church has recently been re-ordered, the level of the floor has been brought up to make a level area throughout the nave and the chancel and making the entrance access safer. New light oak furniture in the chancel and red seated chairs now give a modern look to the interior and lie happily within this 12th century building.
There is one piece of 14th c glass in the west window – a small head of Christ, the rest of the glass is Victorian except for one wonderful 20th c. lancet ‘The Good Shepherd’ made by F.W. Cole who was at one time in charge of the glass workshop at the Cathedral. A 12th c piscina lies in the south wall of the Lady chapel and on the floor, in front of the Altar and now covered with a carpet, is a very fine monumental brass of a Tudor soldier in full armour; he was Thomas Halle who died in 1485.